5G Network Technology is the fifth-generation network technology.
Cellular networking companies, launched this technology last year in 2019 and today it is underwriting the whole world day by day.
Currently, this technology is not available in every country but I guess at the end of 200 this is going to cover the whole earth.
5g is the result of the successful deployment network.
Let’s crack some information about its development;
- First-generation(1G) was introduced in the year 1988.
- It works on the Analog telecommunications model.
- Speed was limited to 2.4-5.2 kbps.
- Motorola Dyna TAC 8000k was the first phone to work on this network.
- The second generation was introduced in the year 1991 in Finland.
- It was based on the Global System for Mobile (GSM) technology and works on digital signals.
- SMS and MMS messages were installed from this generation.
- Its speed was limited to 64-144 kbps.
- Supports web browsing.
- It was introduced in the year 2001
- Faster communication and global roaming.
- High-speed web browsing, speed up to 2mbps.
- Enables E-mail services and video conferencing
- Tv streaming and mobile tv services were started
- High bandwidth is required.
- This network service was started in the year 2009 in Sweden.
- It was based on 3g network technology with some improvement.
- The speed limit from 100mbps to 1gbps and low latency.
- High-quality of the end-user experience.
- Now, its time for 5g network technology.
- The world has changed in terms of technology and still growing. 5g has come with new advancement in wireless network technology.
Benefits of 5G over 4G
- Low battery consumption
- Very low latency (<1ms) as compared to 4g
- The frequency band is very high (3 to 300GHz) but in 4g it was 2 to 8 GHz.
- High data bandwidth (1gbps to 20gbps) with an average data speed of 100mbps which is much more than a 4g network.
- 1000 times more traffic capacity than 4g traffic capacity.
- 5g uses the same technology with the advancement of OFDM modulation.
Advantages of 5g
When people are bored (not exactly bored ) with the former technology, they need something new with advanced features and that’s why they update technology.
The same thing happened with the 4g network technology and they updated to 5g in the desire of some advanced technology. Let’s see some advantages of 5g technology:
- Deliver connectivity without any disturbances.
- Fast speed up to 20gb per second.
- Lower battery consumption.
- Detection of a natural disaster.
- Enhanced mobile broadband with faster connectivity and high capacity.
- Provides real-time data of any natural incident.
- High spectrum.
Disadvantages of 5g
Everyone understands that nothing is perfect in this world. With every advantage, there are some disadvantages too.
- Impact on the environment
- According to some theories, 5g network has negative effects on human health. Some theories relate it with COVID-19.
- Very high cost for implementation.
- Need new devices to connect, the old devices are not eligible.
- Some security issues with it.
Availability of 5G
As of the beginning of May 2020, 5G was available in these countries:
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- United Kingdom (UK)
- United States of America (USA)
- Virgin Islands(U.S).
When will 5G services be available in India?
Several smartphones have launched in India with 5g network technology but it will take some time for cellular companies to get entirely ready for it. I think at the end of 2020, 5g will be available for users in India.
Applications of 5G
- 5g has several applications in all subclasses some of these are:
- Industrial automation
- Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR)
- Public Safety.
Do I need a new phone if I want 5G?
Yes, you need to buy a new phone. Nowadays, there are numerous phones available with 5g. Some of these are:
- VIVO IQOO 3 (Rs.36900)
- REALME X50 PRO (Rs.39999)
- REDMI K30 (Rs.23100)
- ONE PLUS 7 PRO (Rs.43990)
- ONE PLUS 8 (Rs.53000)
- ONE PLUS 8 PRO (Rs.54999)
- MI MIX 3 (Rs.34800)
- SAMSUNG GALAXY A90 (Rs.50990)
- SAMSUNG GALAXY S10 (Rs.59800)
- SAMSUNG GALAXY S20 ULTRA (Rs.97999)
- SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10 PLUS (Rs.84200).