Cloud Computing is the delivery of computing services like storage, servers, analytics, software, intelligence and networks over the Internet or cloud to offer fast speed and modifiable resources with a low economic cost.
Characteristics of Cloud Computing
Cloud computing shows the following characteristics:
- Low cost for the activation.
- Cloud Computing agility may be improved by expanding its technology and resources.
- Maintenance of cloud computing is very easy because they can be accessed from anywhere.
- It is independent of the device and location.
- User can access it from anywhere in the world using the Internet and any device like PC, smartphones etc.
- Good performance
- Its availability can be increased and improves with the use of multiple redundant sites.
The Architecture of cloud computing
The architecture of cloud computing includes multiple cloud components communicating with each other.
Types of cloud computing
Every cloud is different from each other on the basis of its demands in the market. Not every cloud is right for everyone because of their needs and services.
There are mainly three types of cloud that are described below:
1. Private Cloud
Private cloud is open for a single person or an organization. Managed by a person or a third party.
2. Public Cloud
Public Cloud is open for public use and services are available over the Internet. Its services may be free. Generally, there is no difference between public and private clouds in their architecture but they differ at the security points.
Some public cloud service providers are:
- IBM Cloud
- Amazon Web services(AWS)
3. Hybrid cloud
As its name suggests, the Hybrid cloud is a collection of both private and public clouds. Hybrid cloud offers the benefits of multiple deployments models.
It allows us to extend the capacity of cloud services by integrating with other cloud services.
Some other types of cloud computing
- Community cloud
- Distributed cloud
- Poly cloud
- HPC Cloud
- Big Data cloud
Benefits of Cloud Computing
Here are some reasons why organizations are shifting to cloud services:
Speed matters a lot for any organizations. With just a few clicks you can improve or able to do anything with your business.
Cloud service expenses are low as compared to other services like buy softwares and hardware and to maintain them.
The productivity of your business is relatively high because the cloud reduces the demand for many tasks and you can spend your time to expand your business.
Performance of your business is definitely going to increase because of advanced technologies in cloud computing. Clouds run on Worldwide networks which involve the latest version of the technology. Which reduce networks latency and cost.
You can trust their services because they make data backup on a regular basis and disaster recovery mode. Your data is stored at multiple servers so you don’t need to worry about your data.
Security and privacy
Cloud computing has always been a security concern because you are sharing your data with the service provider and he can access, change or delete it any time.
Service Provider can share your data with a third party that’s why you need to be careful during accepting terms and conditions policies because all the these are written and most of the people ignore them.
After all of this, you can use cloud computing because they offer you policies, advance technology and controls that make a highly secure and stable account and protect your data from any threats.
Types of cloud services
There are mainly four types of cloud services are provided by a provider. Let’s understand how they are different from each other:
1. Infrastructure As A Service (IAAS): With this service, you can have storage, servers and virtual machines, operating system and networks.
2. Platform As A Service (PAAS): This one is mainly designed for the developers and you can unlock some features like managing servers infrastructure, network, storage and database.
3. Software As A Service (SAAS): With this service, you can connect to the application through the internet using some devices like PC, phones and tablets.
It is generally a procedure to deliver software applications over the Internet on request by the users.
4. Serverless computing: Its focus is mainly on the app-building without worrying about the servers and infrastructure. Cloud provider maintains servers for you.
Use of Cloud Computing
Here are some point where Cloud Computing finds its way:
- Data Analysis
- Test and build applications
- Stream audio and video
- Embed Intelligence
- Provide software on demand
- Backup, store and recover data
- Create cloud applications etc.